I am always a pessimist. Ask anyone that knows me and I would bet on them telling you that I’ll always see the negatives before I even dream about the positives, especially when it comes to myself.
However, I was reflecting on how different my life is now, even compared to a year ago, and all the things I have around me that make me happy or bring me some sort of joy. So, naturally, I’ve turned it into a post cuz I know I’ll need all the inspiration I can get when September whizzes back round.
1. Pressing snooze on my alarm clock
2. Lying on the beach, letting all my worries wash away with the shore of the sea
3. Laughing like no one has ever laughed before with my bestie, especially when it’s about something no one else would get
4. Not gonna lie, finding the ‘perfect’ meme
5. The rolling eyes emoji
6. Going on warm holidays
7. Binge watching shows on Netflix
8. Unexpected afternoon naps
9. Spotify on repeat
10. Getting hooked on the perfect book
12. Last minute nights out – why are they always the best?
13. Lazy weekend mornings
14. Spaghetti Bolognese
15. Finding amazing on Spotify of my favourite songs
16. PJ days
17. A really good pudding
18. Singing at the top of my voice for no other reason than I can
19. Hair with messy volume
20. Despicable Me
21. Kit Kat Chunkys
22. Friends (the TV show, though my real ones as well, obvs)
23. Taking the perfect photo
24. Spending hours editing photos
25. Just about any song from the 90s
26. Laughing with friends I haven’t seen for a long time
28. Finding a new outfit that becomes ‘the one’
29. Laughing at boy’s Tinder profiles
30. Mushu from Mulan (and Mulan in general, to be honest)
31. Being sarcastic
32. Lounging by a pool on holiday
33. Playing netball
35. Cute tattoos
36. Seeing other people in love
37. Just about any Disney film (only old school Disney – what even is Frozen?)
38. Kid logic
39. Steak and cheese sandwiches
40. Meeting new people that I just have an instant connection with
41. Archers and lemonade
42. Writing to feel free
43. Exploring new places
44. My tattoo
45. Nicely painted toe nails
46. CSI and NCSI: LA
47. Pasta – all.of.the.pasta.
49. Inspirational quotes
50. Just being me
What brings you joy?
Yo, & welcome to That's All Maj Wrote. A blog that's all about stripping back to what's important in life - writing & feeling good. It could all go tits up, but what's new?
By day, I'm a crime fighting primary teacher; by night, I'm a TV binger, prolific reader and Kit Kat Chunky eater.