Despite the fact I’ve been accidentally telling people I’m 27 for the past 6 months, it turns out I actually turned 27 last week. Admittedly, I’m about 87 on the inside, but let’s not get caught up in that one… 8pm bedtimes are a real thing, guys, you should try them.
Anyway, birthdays aside, I’ve had a rollercoaster of a ride in my 27 years on this planet so I thought I’d share a bit of my wisdom. Most of these things I’ve actually realised in the last 7 years, but we’ll keep that a secret for now, yeah?
- Always speak your mind.
- Sassiness is always the best thing.
- Saying goodbye to friends is okay, not everyone is meant to be in your life forever.
- You are always worth more.
- Trust your gut.
- There is nothing wrong with being a strong, independent woman, no matter what anyone else says.
- Kill them with kindness.
- Remember you never know what’s going on in someone else’s head.
- What doesn’t kill you really will make you stronger.
- Your 23rd year on this planet really will be the worst.
- Always be the better person, no matter what the other person did.
- A one chance policy and then you’re out will save you all kinds of heartache.
- Honesty is always the best policy.
- Always laugh at yourself.
- Never settle.
- What ever you are going through is an explanation, not an excuse.
- Music is the best thing on this planet.
- It’s okay to wake up one morning and decide you don’t like someone – whether that be because of their actions, they’ve changed or you’ve changed.
- A Youtube blackhole is probably the best thing you’ll ever see.
- Always suck it up and deal with the consequence when you’re in the wrong.
- If someone breaks your trust once, they’ll probably do it again.
- It’s okay to not want to go outside and stay in bed all day.
- Always listen to what your body is saying it needs.
- KitKat Chunkies will always fill the void.
- You’re probably doing better than you think.
- It’s okay to say no.
- I am hilarious.
What life lessons have you learnt?